Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Hello, Wisconsin!





On Monday I volunteered to drop my best friend, Amanda, off at Union Station so she could hop on a bus to visit her boyfriend in Wisconsin.

...but guess who forgot to set her alarm.

With only fifteen minutes until the bus left and at least a half an hour ride to the train station, we made the next logical decision, road trip.
I filled up the tank and picked up some snacks...


...and we were on our way.

The drive there wasn't too bad provided I was with Amanda. We got an opportunity to talk about life as we would in her driveway after the nights at the Ash and we were able to make it a lot of fun. I thought that was strange because usually when I'm with my family going to Wisconsin, I am miserable the whole car ride because it takes forever. But, the drive was actually really beautiful and it solidified my dream of someday owning a house next to a lake surrounded by forest. That's always been some dream of mine, although the forest terrifies me (I've watched too many horror films.)




Also, I think I'm diagnosed with tollbooth anxiety because I suck at following street signs. We might have accidentally missed a toll, oops. The good news is that we managed to pay for the rest of them.
Even though we had access to 2 IPasses and forgot to grab both of them. Hahah.

When we arrived in Wisconsin, we went driving around the University of Madison campus because that where we thought her boyfriend was. He wasn't there, but the campus itself was the cutest town I have ever been in. It has a little bit of everything and the cutest street shops. The streets kind of wind around, I'm not sure how to explain it. It was a nice change from the city and suburbs. It was a healthy mix of the two.

Overall, it was a nice trip. Although I was just driving there and back, it was nice to get away for a couple of hours. <3





Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *