December 13, 2014

Nutella Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies



Every year on Christmas, my grandma makes peanut butter cookies and puts a Hershey kiss in the middle of them. Today, I decided to put a spin on that and make shortbread cookies, thumb printing the middle and filling them with Nutella. (:
Also, I wanted to apologize for slacking a bit on posts. I have had a massive headache and spent a lot of time these past couple of days at work. I am working very hard to stay better on top of blogmas than I did throughout October!
I like recipes that are easy to make because I am not very kitchen savvy and cookies that have basic ingredients that you already have around the house.

Ingredients:

1 cup of butter (softened)
2/3 cups of white sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
Nutella

Instructions:

1. 
Preheat oven to 350
2.
Soften the butter in a bowl and mix it with the sugar until they are creamy. Gradually begin adding flour until the dough gets thicker and comes together. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and lay them out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. When balls are places, coat your thumb in cooking oil and press into the top of each cookie, creating a thumbprint hole in the top.
3.
Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes or until golden.
4.
Let cookies cool for about 5-10 minutes and spoonful a bit of Nutella into each thumbprint hole.


Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.