Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Snowmen Salt & Pepper Shakers

By now I'm sure you're all sick of seeing my hot pink shag carpet underneath all of my DIY projects, however I usually do crafts at unholy hours of the night and in my bedroom that just so happens to have a pink shag carpet, so until I get a new carpet or find another surface to craft on. (:

Anyways, my mom collects salt & pepper shakers which gave me the idea to make her some!

Here's What You'll Need:

Salt & Pepper shakers, plain glass ones
White-Out or white paint
a Sharpie
Red ribbon
& orange Post-Its

1.
I used White Out, but you're going to cover the shakers in white paint. I opted out of doing the bottom just so it would sit better on the shelf and not be lumpy or uneven.


Also, I used white-out because it dries faster and allows the craft to get done in about ten minutes. (:

2.
Next if when you start to get creative. Take your sharpie and draw two eyes, a mouth, and three buttons, leaving space for a nose and a scarf.
You're going to cut a triangle out of your orange post it and glue it in-between the eyes and the mouth.


3.
You're going to take your red ribbon and cut it to the point where it will wrap around the shaker. You're going to glue a line around the shaker to keep the scarf on place and put a dab of glue on the ribbon to keep the two ends in place. Then, cut the ends into stripes to create the fringe on the scarf.

At this point, I also added a red bow with some burlap and a bell on the top for a bit more of a festive feel.


& you're done! (:

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *