February 24, 2015

DIY Bath Bombs!



(I almost spelled 'bombs' wrong in the title and I thought that should be noted in this post.)

Hi everybody!

It's been a minute since I have done a DIY, but I have to say having tested this one I was so impressed with how well it turned out!

What you need:
Baking Soda
Cream of Tartar
Food Coloring
Spray Bottle w/ water

How to:
1.
Essentially you're going to mix everything together starting with 1 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of Cream of Tartar. 
2.
When the dry things have been mixed, add your food dye. It can be whatever color you'd like. For Valentine's Day I made pink ones, but for this DIY I have blue!
3.
Once you've added the dye, this next part is a bit of a trial and error in the sense that you will be spraying water into the mixture to make it stick together. Essentially it will have the texture of wet sand. 
4.
For this step I used a cookie cutter, however, you can use any shapes you'd like. I put the cookie cuter onto my craft board and filled it with my mix, allowing the mix to take a heart shape. I removed the cookie cutter and let it dry over night.


*I also used glitter which is optional, be warned your body will be covered in glitter, but it makes the bath look cool.
*I've seen recipes use Citric Acid instead of Cream of Tartar, but I have also not found anything on the effects Citric Acid has on your skin, so I took the safe route.

xx.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.