Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · Think Happy

I've decided to start a new segment each month entitled Keeping Positive. Each month I am going to be giving new tips and suggestions of the things I will be doing this month to put me in a more positive mindset and habits I will be attempting to develop to put myself in a better place by the end of the month.

1. Productivity Notebook
As an author I have several half-used notebooks lying around and I have finally found a couple of purposes for them. For this one, you'll want to find a notebook and I label the pages "Day One, Day Two, Day Three," etc. Every day, you're going to make a To DO List of things you want to accomplish that day as well as a second column of things you'll want to do everyday. 
My first column contains homework assignments and projects for school. The second column has things such as One Mile and Squats since one of my goals for the month is to do a mile each day and completely the 30 Day Squat challenge. Each time you finish one, highlight it until you've made it through your list.
The nice thing about this is you can go up to pages for the whole months, so if you have library books due on the 19th, you can mark that now so you don't forget.

2. Three Things
With a notebook my dear friend Kaitlyn got me for my birthday, I've started to write down three good things that happen each day. I realized I have been focusing too much on the negative things happening and it starts to feel like a downward spiral of negativity and this is going to help keep my mindset up and see the silver lining in each day. I've decided to get myself into the habit of optimism and I think this is a good start. 

3. Working Out
Personally, I don't think any feeling is better than after a work out. It's just not something I experience often because I have very little motivation to do anything. That's partially the reason I wanted to start. February is the shortest month of the year and I think that makes the goal of working out each day a little bit more obtainable mentally. My goal for this month is walking one mile a day and completing the first month of the the 30 Day Squat Challenge for Beginners. This will potentially change from month to month and I'm looking forward to watching my body progress along with my mental state.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *