Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Monk's Castle · Willow Springs, IL











I have been dying to put these photos up, but I wanted to research some of the history of St. James. There is just so much, I wouldn't know where to begin. I will leave a few links to people who are better with words than myself, but I will tell you my favorite ghost story of St. James.

On Thanksgiving on 1977, there was a police officer driving past the cemetery gates (insert Morrissey here) and he saw a group of hooded figures walking in unison. There were eight or nine people in monk-like habits walking up the hill towards the cemetery. The officer was struggling while yelling at them and following them because the streets are rough and the hill is fairly steep, not to mention the abundance of gravestones the officer was climbing over. But, these figures had no difficulty, they just seem to be gliding through the dark cemetery to the church. 
There have been several instances where people have come in contact with these hooded figures, the officer wrote them off to be phantoms. Some believe it is a cult that recites biblical passages in Latin, others have sworn to see people under the hoods covered in scars. Under certain circumstances, these monks have chased people out of the cemetery, giving it the nickname.
There is so much paranormal intrigue in the suburbs. I love every minute of it.

More stories here and here.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *