Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Diet Cig · Wicker Park Fest

The second that I heard Diet Cig was coming to Chicago to play Wicker Park Fest, I knew that I had to go. I saw them earlier this year with The Front Bottoms in Milwaukee and the crowd for that show was horrendous. It was great to see them outdoors in a better atmosphere and their stage presence was just as upbeat and lovely as the last time, even though it was a billion degrees outside.  




My favorite part of watching Alex perform is when she recognizes that people are singing along and there's this moment of surrealism in her eyes that she's written songs that people know and are singing along to. I could see the overwhelming joy and it was amazing.
Finally, Alex took a minute to recognize gender and racial equality and I think that's so important that she could take the time to promote their band, but instead she utilizes the time and the audience to discuss global issues. That speaks greatly for her character and gave me another reason to absolutely love Diet Cig.



Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *