Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Fourth of July


The Fourth of July is one of the most overrated holidays, in my opinion. I think it's because I have never done anything over the top. I spend a lot of time on Pinterest looking up recipes for cool (and easy) desserts for the Fourth of July, but there's some stigma about me cooking because I'm still 'one of the kids,' so it's almost guaranteed that nobody would eat it anyways.
Between being busy (and a little lazy), we made little cupcakes this year, so I never live up to the exceptions of themed Fourth of July food at this big ol' America party. We do get to swim at my aunt's, and I picked up smoke bombs, sparklers, and pop-its which is the first time that my cousins and I used fireworks by ourselves.





After my aunt's house, we walked down the block to Oak Fest, a carnival in Oak Forest that was packed with people to watch some fireworks. Initially, we were going to get a funnel cake, but funnel cakes were $10 plus $3 for each topping! So, we settled on Ribbon fries, which we ate last year at Riot Fest and have earned their place in my heart as my favorite potato.



Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *