August 30, 2016

Autumn To-Do List





Autumn is my favorite season of the year and it's coming quickly. There are so many incredible things to do throughout the season, and before you know it the snow is falling and I'm taking residence in my winter coat. I've decided to make a list for this Fall of activities I absolutely must participate in to make the most of my favorite season. I've kept the activities universal, so they're broad enough for you all to (hopefully) be able to participate in. However, if you click on each of the titles, it will take you to locations in the south suburbs of Chicago for my local friends.

1. Pumpkin Patch
Last year, the pumpkin patch I went to was awful. It was pretty expensive for a few pumpkins, and the only extras at the Patch were carnival rides, which also cost money. This year, I would love to visit Bengston's. They seem to have a lot of fun attractions, and I absolutely love hayrides. Plus, pumpkins, farm animals, and live music. A pumpkin patch located on a farm seems so genuine to me (better than the jank one at some soccer field last year.)

2. Apple Picking
Two years ago, my mom and I decided to try apple picking and we absolutely loved it. The place we visited also turned their barn into a market place full of apple products (my favorite being cider and donuts.) it's immensely pleasing to the autumn aesthetic with the cool breeze and and the atmosphere of the orchard. She has mentioned something about going back for her birthday in September and I have been looking forward to it for a while.

3. Six Flags Fright Fest
I'm almost positive all Six Flags locations participate in this, but I think autumn is the time of year to go! You don't stick to the roller coaster seats, you don't sweat profusely, and there's haunted houses (which I've never been in because I'm a huge chicken.) Creatures roam around the park and are ready to scare visitors at any turn. The entire park is decorated with spider webs and ghosts. Plus, the lines are significantly shorter after dusk because that haunted house prime time!

4. Farmer's Market
I'm sensing a theme with barns and autumn, but I've never been to a Farmer's Market and there are quite a few larger ones around my house. I just have this dream of purchasing fruits and veggies, home-grown, and naturally sold outdoors as opposed to the grocery store. Recently, our produce has been going sour quickly and I would love to support the small local farms.

5. Halloween Party
Halloween lands on a Monday which means the weekend before is going to be amazing! This year, I want to attend an actual Halloween party and not waste my favorite holiday of the year. There are a few things happening at the bars around my house, but I'm not really a bar kind of girl. I've been trying to talk my mom into having a small party with my family and some neighbors since our backyard is huge and I know we would put so much time and dedication into it.

I was going to add the Renaissance Faire to this list, but I went yesterday and I cannot wait to tell you all about it. What's your favorite thing to do in the Fall?


Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.