August 22, 2016

Barnes and Noble Haul


I've been doing a lot of shopping lately, not for things that I necessarily need, but my last check was pretty great and I'm become better at bargain hunting the longer that I have been working. I will normally only purchase something that is on clearance or some kind of discount area of the store when shopping leisurely. When I absolutely need something, it's a different story.
Recently, I took a leisure trip to Barnes and Noble because they had their clearance tables out, plus some pretty great books throughout bargain, and overall some finds that I've been looking for for a while.

Feather Boxed Cards
I have quite a few boxed cards and I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use them for or when I'm going to write them out, but they are simply too cute to pass up. I've ben considering investing in a PO Box and immersing myself into the PenPal culture. I loved having PenPals when I was younger and I think it would just be really nice to get back into it.

Weezer · Blue Album
This is simply one of those albums that is brilliant from beginning to end and it has the most songs by Weezer that I enjoy on it.

Death Cab for Cutie · Plans
My favorite album by DCFC and one of my favorite albums of all time. Each song is so poetic and it's a nostalgic album for me. I think it's one of the most sad albums created by DCFC, but it's absolutely beautiful.

I work primarily out of a physical planner. Although I'm a millennial in 2016, I cannot get used to using a calendar on my phone. It's easier for me to write things out and to see things written out instead of winging it on my phone, so I picked this planner up. I love the autumn color tones throughout and adorable fox on the cover wrangled me right into it.

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Stop-motion animation fascinates me. Once I watched a documentary on the people who make the clothes for the clay creatures and it was so amusing to me. On top of that, these characters have fur and the fur has to move accordingly. This movie has wit, and a wonderful soundtrack.

Submarine
I watched this movie a while ago on Netflix and I fell in love with it. The soundtrack is done by Alex Turner, from the Arctic Monkeys and the Last Shadow Puppets. It's such a sad, simple, beautiful film about first loves and the inconveniences of life.

The Conjuring
James Wan has become one of my favorite horror directors throughout the past couple of years and I wanted to add this to my collection. I always want to read the book about the Warrens and their experiences. But, this movie spooks me every time, as does all of Wan's work.

Au Revoir Les Enfants
Foreign films have grown on me as I have gotten older, and this one resonated with me after seeing it in a French class. It's such a powerful film about France in World War II, but it focuses on children in a boarding school, which is a perspective that doesn't come to mind when thinking about WWII.

Lords of Salem
I've never seen this film, however this book was available on the Bargain tables (along with the next book) and I thought it sounded extremely interesting. I'm not entirely sure of the premise, but I remember the commercial intriguing me, so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Room
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this film recently won quite a few awards, and I'm looking forward to reading the novel that the film is based on. It seems to be selling quickly since the film was released, and I've been quite interested since hearing about the film.

Herb Garden
I found this on Clearance on a whim, but I have been adoring plants this season. I think it's too late for these, so I may need to wait until next year of plant them. However, it has borage, lavender, and lemon balm in it. There's something very satisfying about being able to take care of plants and watch things blossom (which I am very bad at, which is why I prefer succulents.)

The Joy Luck Club
This is a title I have heard tossed around for such a long time and I've finally decided to read it. I think it's also a film, but the title sounds so lovely and from the synopsis I've read, it sounds like such a beautiful, coming-of-age story and I'm looking forward to reading it.

The Cuckoo's Calling
I don't know if I would have picked this one up had it not been on the Bargain table. It's written by J.K. Rowling under a pseudonym, and it's a mystery. Although it sounds intriguing, I tried reading the Casual Vacancy by her, and I didn't finish it. But, I think this book sounds significantly more interesting and for $6.98, I couldn't pass it up.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.