August 4, 2016

Harry Potter Tag






1) Favorite book?

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. You get so much development on Snape, and Draco becomes more dynamic. It also had the most upsetting and unexpected ending. Not to mention the pincers:

2) Least favorite book?

Probably the Goblet of Fire. Although this is where Voldemort's return sparks, I thought it was interesting to see something outside of Harry, Ron, and Hermione at Hogwarts, and I do enjoy the Triwizard Tournament, I like when the novels take place in Hogwarts. I think it adds extra magic because Hogwarts is such a beautiful, enchanting place.
3) Favorite movie?

Probably Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince because it's my favorite book. (closely followed by Prisoner of Azkaban.)
4) Least favorite movie?

Deathly Hallows Part One. I think it drags, and alongside my reasoning for my least favorite book, this movie almost entirely takes place outside of the magical community.
5) Favorite quote?

'What's coming will come & we'll meet it when it does."
6) Favorite Weasley?

Molly. Her presence fills my heart each time she's in a scene.

7) Favorite female character?
Hermione, as I feel is everybody's. She's strong, smart, brave, and an amazing model for females.

8) Favorite villain.

Bellatrix Lestrange. She's the most creative villain and the most wicked due to her taunting and her tactics.
9) Favorite male character?

Professor Snape. I love how his story unfolds throughout the novels and he never stops developing as a character. 
10) Favourite professor?

Professor McGonagall. She's such a snarky, yet motherly character.
11) Would you rather A) wash Snape’s hair or B) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself?

12) Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) Flying Car?

Hogwarts Express. I would love to sit in the train cars with friends and eat sweets. The ride always looks so beautiful, as well.



13) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?

It's been a while since I read the books, but it's Ginny. In the books she fought and her and Harry together made so much sense due to their bravery and passion, but in the films she was flat and such a static character. 
14) Is there a movie you preferred to the book?

Not at all. There are so many things in the book left out in the films that add to the characters, their situations, and the magic. I will always choose the texts. (Not that I don't love Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family.
15) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
I think Richard Harris was amazing for an introduction to the magical Dumbledore in the first two novels, however the tone changes drastically in Prisoner of Azkaban and Michael Gambon really stepped up.


16) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most?
I was looking forward to seeing Hermione and the SPEW campaign. I think it would have added another layer to Hermione.

17) Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
I always wanted to be in Slytherin because I had/have a massive crush on Malfoy, but I always knew I was a Ravenclaw.

18) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?

Ravenclaw, rightfully so.
19) Which class would be your favourite?

Either Care of Magical Creatures or Astronomy/Herbology.

20) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Accio, I lose everything all of the time and it would be ideal to be able to summon things.

21) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?

Ron. I think there's a lot of qualities Ron possesses that would make for great chemistry alongside my personality.
22) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?

The Invisibility Cloak. The stone would bring too much upset and the wand possesses too much power.
23) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?

I want to say Snape's death, but there's so much of me that thinks the death of such wonderful characters adds a new level of dedication to the characters in the story that prove how wonderfully Rowling has created this world.
24) Favourite Marauder?

I would have to saw Moony. Lupin was one of my favorite characters since he met Harry on the train and the chemistry between him and Tonks is beautiful.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?

Fred, hands down.




Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.