Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Twenty-Five Facts


Since there are quite a few new people following my blog and I have started blogging full-time, I thought I would take some time to tell you twenty-five things about me that you may or may not already know.

1. Harry Potter is my entire world. I have been to three midnight book releases, four midnight movie releases, I have the banner underneath the Hogwarts crest tattooed on my chest, I own my own wand, it's a little ridiculous, but I care deeply about Mr. Potter.

2. The Great Gatsby is my favorite novel outside of Harry Potter.

3. I absolutely love horror films. My favorite is the Strangers because my biggest fear of somebody breaking into my house and me not knowing they are there. But, my favorite serial killer is Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

4. I pay Netflix so I can watch Bob's Burgers and Gilmore Girls for the third time.

5. I absolutely love forests and large bodies of water. Living around Lake Michigan is a true blessing and the suburbs have an abundance of forest preserves.

6. I am going to see the Front Bottoms for the third time in October and Death Cab for the second time in September; they're my two favorite bands.

7. My coffee of choice is an iced Caramel Macchiato with soy milk.

8. Going back to movies, my favorite movie of all time is Pan's Labyrinth. I think it's beautiful, the story line is incredible, the make-up is astounding. I could watch it over and over.

9. Taking photos is a large hobby of mine. I love disposable cameras and I almost cried when I received my digital camera for my birthday, and I take it everywhere.

10. Aside from forests and water, I have a large interest in cemeteries. Bachelor's Grove is very close to my house. There's actually a lot of cemeteries by my house and I have only explored a small handful of them. I just think they're so interesting.

11. I love to do puzzles, crossword puzzles, and really any kind of word puzzles that stimulate my brain. I used to do them with my grandma and my mom all the time.

12. My birthstone is opal and I absolutely love it.

13. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast because I relate most to Belle. Two other films I loved when I was a kid were the Brave Little Toaster and the Neverending Story.

14. I collect PEZ dispensers, shot glasses, and lighters.

15. I love to read and craft, I could live in either the library or Michaels (or Target.) I always spend too much time and money at the craft store trying new things. Especially on yarn, my grandma taught me how to crochet when I was younger.

16. I love, love, love musicals. My two favorites are Grease and the Phantom of the Opera. I saw PotO in February of 2014 with my grandma and it was one of the greatest nights of my life.

17. Pugs are my absolutely favorite dogs, but I love every wrinkly dog.

18. My biggest pet peeve is when people ask me to repeat things or when people don't understand something after the third or fourth time I've said it.

19. The best concert I have ever been to was the first time I saw the Front Bottoms. I met Brian and I was right against the stage and I cried.

20. My guilty pleasure is Pitbull (insert sassy emoji with one hand up.)

21. Wisconsin Dells has a special place in my heart. My favorite vacation was the last time we all went as a family to Kalahari Resorts. We got a free room upgrade and we had a really great time.

22. My two celebrity crushes are Leonardo DiCaprio and Milo Ventimiglia.

23. I love wildflowers and tulips.

24. Fall is my favorite season. I love the cozy atmosphere, the holidays, and the dark colors that consume everything.

25. My favorite thing to do is give to people. I like to offer my help and when I find things that I think somebody would love, I can't wait to give it to them. This is something I've acquired as I've grown and it's one of my favorite things about me because I think it's really shown the process of maturing and there's something magical about watching somebody receive something you can give.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *