Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Bristol Renaissance Faire · Kenosha, Wisconsin




I had the opportunity to go to the Renaissance Faire this weekend and I am still raving about it.
My cousin Gabby attends the Faire every year with her Girl Scout Troop, but this year I was dying to go and she agreed to go with me. First of all, the Faire is huge. I read that is was roughly thirty acres and we must have walked it four times. The first lap we did was to scout out the shops, find the things we were interested in, so the second time around we could buy them after exploring our options. Most of the Faire is shops, but it's vastly different from simple craft fairs in the suburbs because people create such eccentric things. (More on that tomorrow!)




We stopped to see a few shows, but there's just so much to do, see, and take in. There is a mud pit show, jousting, several music groups on smaller stages, a parade that takes place right in the middle of the fest. I drank a Robin Hood Apple alcoholic beverage, which was actually Angry Orchard and a shot of Cinnamon Whiskey and it tasted just like Autumn would taste. While I was feeling a bit tipsy, we also tried their coffee and it was one of the best coffees I have had in a while.






Aside from the Joust, the only two things we stopped to watch were Vegetable Justice (pictured above where people paid to throw tomatoes at a man who insulted them) and Moonie (who doesn't talk, but somehow is absolutely hilarious.) We also stopped by the Petting Zoo. But, we spent most of our time shopping and people-watching (there was a couple dressed as Shrek and Fiona), and just taking in the entire experience. I cannot wait to go back next year. 

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *