September 6, 2016

What I'm Reading



Novels set during WWII have also fascinated me. I was initially drawn in by the cover, I thought it was beautiful. Although you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, it seems like such an interesting story and I cannot wait to read it. 

Synopsis from Goodreads:
From the highly acclaimed, multiple award-winning Anthony Doerr, the beautiful, stunningly ambitious instant New York Times bestseller about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.

I've recently finished Wonder and I was a great ball of emotion. It's about a boy named August who is about to start public school after being homeschooled up until fifth grade due to a facial deformity. Wonder is told from several different perspectives of Auggie, his sister, and some of their classmates and friends. This novel is from three other perspectives, including Julian, who is the biggest bully that Auggie faces.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Auggie & Me is a new side to the Wonder story: three new chapters from three different characters - bully Julian, oldest friend Christopher and classmate Charlotte - giving an insight into how Auggie has touched their own lives.


I've recently hopped off of my Teen Fiction run because there were several current bestsellers that I've wanted to read that are considered Adult Fiction. But, this one seemed interesting and it has been on my want to read list on Goodreads for quite some time, so I've decided to pick it up!

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.
You can follow me on Goodreads and see what I'm reading, see reviews, and share recommendations. 

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.