October 1, 2016

4 Things To Do Before I Turn 24



(image found here.)

My birthday is coming up on October 7th and I'm going to be 23. 
Compared to last year, I thought this year was great, but I did significantly less than last year in regards to going out and doing things. Starting this October, these are four things I want to do this before I turn 24 in 2017.

1. See the East Coast
I'm partially afraid of traveling to the East Coast because I might fall too far in love and never come back. From photos, it all seems so beautiful, quaint, and historic. I'm going to seriously sit down and plan a trip for next summer during my winter break this year. There are several places I definitely want to see, all while meanwhile figuring out who I am as an individual, cutting ties with everybody and unplugging for maybe two weeks and coming into my own.

2. Taking the Next Step into Adulthood
I've attempted to compile a list of what this will entail, but that's going to come later in my 2017 Resolutions. This is going to involve getting a full-time job, and I will not settle for anything less than what I am getting my degree in. This will also include Graduate school at DePaul and moving onto the campus. These three things are very important to me, and if I can get a real job by the New Year, I think finding an apartment and paying for school myself will be very possible. As far as jobs go, I would also like to begin crafting seriously for business reasons.

3. Working Towards my Physical Self
There are so many things I would like to change physically, but I do not want to be beating myself up about it into my late twenties. There isn't a lot I would like to change, mainly working towards living healthier, losing a little bit of weight, letting my hair grow out, and perfecting a skincare regime. When I'm 24, I want to be entirely happy with the way that I look, and I'm ready to work hard towards that. This also includes health. There are a few things I need to cover when it comes to my health and I want everything sorted out by my birthday next year.

4. Be Financially Comfortable
This consists of working to get out of debt, working on my student loans, building up my savings account, and not living paycheck to paycheck. Basically getting myself on a healthy financial track for the rest of my 20s, and for the rest of my life.

I guess most of these can fall under the second category. I really want turning 23 to be entirely beneficial to my personal growth and by 10.7.2017 I want to find myself and come into that entirely. Cheers to the next year. 

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.