Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · On Life Lately






Hello, it's been a while, how are you?

I started Write31 with the intention of doing all 31 days, but about twelve days in I realized that it's my favorite month of the year, and there is so much in the world to do this month besides blog. After a rough night, I decided to unplug. You've probably seen me posting on Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr because it's been easy to make simple posts, and reblog things without the pressure of composing an entire post to post on here.

I thought I would come by, and check in, and let you know that I have nothing but good intentions to create better, and more frequent content. 

Lately, I've been going out more. I've been seeing more friends, hanging out with co-workers, working a lot, writing, crocheting, creating, and spending more time with family. It's been so nice to take a step back and enjoy all of these moments. I recently watched It Follows and I thought it was incredible. My neighbors had a Halloween party and my uncle and I played games together and I realized jus how alike we are and how well we can get along. I've also started seeing somebody, and I haven't laughed as hard with a partner before as I have with him, which is so nice. I've been reconnecting with old friends, and meeting new people every chance I get. But, perhaps the most important, I've been creating things more.

I've started crocheting avidly, at least every night before bed. Crafting has always helped on my most anxious nights, and I've been learning new stitches and creating new things. It's been so nice. I've also been spending more time writing because there has been a swelling of emotion inside of me, and attached photos inside of my notebook, and doing so many nice things creatively. 

Aside from school and working overnights, everything has been pretty great lately. My family is heading over in about an hour, as well, so I will get to see them for Halloween. 

I'm happy. (:

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *