Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Me at 23




I just turned twenty-three. And under the influence of Will Darbyshire, Haley Blais, and Savannah Brown's Youtube videos, I have decided to present a snapshot of my life right now.

I am currently the heaviest that I have ever been, but I am also working to be healthier and I have been very conscious about my health. That is my favorite outfit. I wore that dress on my graduation and I got those boots for my 22nd birthday instead of the ones I asked for, and fell in love with them. I wear a lot of striped tee-shirts, I think they're nice.

My favorite film is Pan's Labyrinth, and my favorite show is Gilmore Girls. I often joke that I pay Netflix $10/month just to watch Gilmore Girls, but I also watch a lot of Bob's Burgers, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. 


I love to take photos. I've taken more of a liking to disposable cameras and film. I wouldn't have started blogging if I hadn't found a love for photography. I used this as a platform to store/show off my photographs and writing. Almost like a journal.

If I'm not watching Netflix, you can find me blogging, writing in my little black notebook or poems, or taking photos of bands, the city, or the forest. Forest preserves are one of my favorite places to spend time. Those, and cemeteries. A few of my other hobbies include crocheting, reading, watching horror films or Youtube videos, and all other things you would find in a spinster's routine. I hope to soon open up a shop for all of my crafts.

Music. A few of my favorite artists are the Front Bottoms (who I have seen twice this year,) Death Cab for Cutie (who I have also seen twice this year,) and Jack White. I have a CD player that looks like a treasure chest and I have recently maid a point to only buy CDs that I absolutely love. 


I'm currently attending DePaul University and it's the greatest of the three colleges I've attended. I've studied Creative Writing and I am currently volunteering with Reading Chicago Reading. Today I made wine charms. You'll see those soon. I have started a novel that I think is going to be absolutely lovely and it's the project I have spent the most time focusing on at DePaul. My roommate at Illinois State University became my best friend, and I miss her more than I can put into words. There are many moments that I wish I could call/text her, and I can't. I've tried, maybe not hard enough, but I think it's time to move on.


My bedroom is currently dark blue. It has lyrics from DCFC on the wall, along with photos I have taken on the slanted wall. I have some goofy calendar with illustrations and witty quotes. Also, above my bed is a dry-erase board shaped like a quote box that I write the things I need to do for the day. The dark blue is accented with hot pink and lime green, including the disgusting shag carpet that I took with me to ISU. I think it's time for a revamp this year. I also have the candle Sweater Weather burning from Bath & Body Works, and it smells quite lovely. 


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *