October 20, 2016

Coffee Chats · On Cheating




Today, I've decided to sit down and talk about something serious. My intentions this year were to complete Write 31, and something came up and I needed a few days to step back from the internet. This is the first time I have opened my laptop, and I have hesitated on addressing this because I have been consistently focused on positivity, but I've also started using this as a journal, like a record of the things I've been doing and I can look back on to my past self. This week, I've been cheated on, and without going into too many details, I would just like to share some things I've been thinking lately.

To Cheaters:
- Please, please, please have some decency to be honest with your partner. Don't lie to spare their feelings. Honesty is truly the best thing you can do for them because it will settle everything and let everybody know where they stand. Also, don't ever try to guilt your partner into staying with you after you have cheated, just break things off and leave it at that. Unless they are willing to work things out with you (which they shouldn't be, personally anyways, I've been through so much, but cheating is just one thing that I cannot tolerate.) 

To Those Being Cheated On:
I'm so sorry. I'm so so so so so so sorry. You should never have to sit, and wallow, and feel like you aren't good enough for somebody because that's not the case, nor will it ever be the case. Something good comes out of everything bleak. You are under no obligation to forgive them, nor do you need to feed into their apologies, and excuses, and guilt. Cheating is such a conscious decision, in any manner that someone cheats, and you do not, should not, stick around with that person. (Unless of course you decide to work things out.) I love every one of you too much to put yourselves through something that negative, and sad, and be treated poorly by somebody that you're in a relationship with. It's not fair. It isn't right. And if anybody ever needs to talk about a circumstance that they're involved in or if you're concerned about a friend, all of my contact information is listed. 

After everything that has happened. I have found peace. I have let all of the negativity out in my body, and allowed my personal beliefs in the way life works itself out to comfort me through this. Through all of this, I have also met somebody that is absolutely incredible, and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I love you all.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.