Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Lincoln Park Zoo





A few weeks ago, I posted about going downtown for the opening of two pop-up coffee shops posing as Luke's Diner from Gilmore Girls. I had class later that evening, so I decided to kill some time walking around Lincoln Park. I visited a farmer's market (my very first one!) and about a block away was Lincoln Park Zoo. I decided to take a walk around, enjoy my coffee and the skyline, and see some animals.









I think the most important part of this day was the amount of time I spent by myself. I know that sounds a bit anti-social, but between working retail, classes, living with my mom, and maintaining a social life of some sort, I found myself losing focus on who I am and what makes me happy. There were several times where I just found myself smiling and laughing because I thought of something funny, or I was just purely happy in the moment. There are time that I feel we get too caught up in investing our happiness in other people, and although I do believe there are so many people that make me happy it's comforting to know that should I ever find myself alone on an adventure, I won't feel lonely.


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *