December 12, 2016

Christmas Tag





1. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Santa Clause, hands down, and the sequel. It's probably the most quoted Christmas filming my house.


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I live in Chicago, so we have a white January, February, and March. But, for the past fews year there has been no snow on Christmas Day. 

3. Where do you usually spend your Christmas?
Every year, we would go to my grandma's house. Last year was our first year without her, so we went to my aunt's house & I think this year we're going to my other aunt's house.

4. What's your favorite Christmas song?
A Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney
Baby, Please Come Home by Death Cab for Cutie
Jingle Bells by Michael Buble

You can see my whole playlist here.

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
We don't, I don't think we ever have. Forever opening gifts on Christmas Day.

6. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to?
Every year, we used to go into the city and eat brunch at Marshall Field's on State Street, and then visit the Christkindlmarket in Daley Plaza and see the giant tree. We stopped doing that a few years ago, but I think my mom and I are going this year.

7. Is your tree real or fake?
Fake. I can barely keep a succulent alive, how am I supposed to keep a whole tree alive?

8. What's your favorite holiday sweet treat?
Anything with the word 'cookie' involved.

9. Do you like receiving gifts or giving gifts better?
Since I started buying my own gifts for people, I've enjoyed giving them more. I love seeing people's reactions to them, it warms my heart.

10. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Oh man, I couldn't tell you. I really do appreciate the little things. One year Amanda bought me Yahtzee, but she modified it in a mildly offensive way and I loved it.

11. What's your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would love to see New York, but I also feel like it would be too cold and busy. I think somewhere cozy and less hectic would be nice, like a cabin in the mountains while it snows.

12. Most memorable holiday moment?
It's just the tradition of going to my grandma's every year. We would sit in the front room, and eat basically all of the candy out of the dishes, then open presents in the middle of the floor and all of the dogs would walk right through the middle. It's a little crazy, but I miss the crazy.

13. What made you believe in the truth about Santa?
My grandma's handwriting on my presents gave it away. I'd recognize her handwriting anywhere. 

14. Do you make NYE resolutions and do you stick to them?
Like everybody else, I get very excited about the new year and entirely embrace that new year new me mantra, but then I give up in, like, March. But, this year I've made my goals more attainable, so hopefully it goes well!

15. What makes the holidays special for you?
Family time, and all of the extra activities available during the holiday season. My family is always in a good mood throughout the month of December, and everything is 'merry and bright.'

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.