December 11, 2016

GetFitFriday · 1



Alongside everybody else's new year resolutions, mine is to get my weight to a better place, and while I don't want my weight to be the focus, I want to feel better and get in shape next year. Starting today, every Friday is going to be focused on getting fit until I get to where I want to be. 

To start this off, I thought I would give you a preview at the apps I'm going to be using through the next year to work towards my goal. I've used each of these in the past, and I think they're all extremely helpful for me, personally. 

1. Lose It!
This time around, I'm not going to be extremely focused on my weight and calorie counting, rather making more conscious decisions on what I'm eating, so where I can change my eating habits to be a little better. That's what I'm going to be using to see what I'm eating and adjust when necessary.

2. Play Music
((I rarely use this, I usually use Spotify. But, this is nice for some early 2000s pop hits!))

3. Calm
I found this app on Dodie Clark's Youtube, and I absolutely love it. This is used to help regulate and control breathing. It goes hand in hand with mindfulness and meditation, which is extremely useful when working retail during the holiday season. They have a 7-day meditation that I do before bed each week, and it really helps me wind down at the end of the day, especially when working later shifts.

4. Hydro Coach
This is potentially the most-used app on my phone. This takes your weight, calculates your necessary water intake, and you log your water throughout the day. I've been slacking on my water intake lately, but this has been helping me get back into the swing of things. Water makes me feel a lot better: sit really helps my skin, and my mental health.

5. Spotify
Spotify is my savior for everything, but my favorite thing about this is that I can make playlists. On my account, I have some general favorite playlists, a playlist for bike rides, and one for cardio. It's nice to have to focus on which song you want to listen to, rather they all just play in one place to keep me motivated, so this is definitely my favorite music app.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.