January 12, 2017

Joining the Fitbit Fam


I got a Fitbit for Christmas, and I don't know how I functioned without one.
This started when my mom's boyfriend got the new Samsung Galaxy, and they had a promotion where he received the Samsung Gear Fit with it. A few months later, my mom got one for her birthday from him, and they started a competition with their steps. Finally, I got on board and asked for a Fitbit for Christmas, and here we are.

I have the Alta, which I absolutely love because it's lightweight, simple, and I can change the bands. Previously, I have tried to make lifestyle changes. I've downloaded several apps to count my calories, count my water intake, and estimated my calories burned with various workouts, but the Fitbit app contains everything, and it counts your calories, and aerobic workout along with your steps. I can log the food that I eat, and the amount of water I drink, and set my own goals so I can make sure that I am meeting them each day.

The only issue I have had with it was the charger. The charger clips onto the back of the device, but the clip broke within the first week, and the charger itself is maybe 4 inches long, so there's so I need to charge it on the floor or on top of the Keurig in the kitchen to make sure it isn't just hanging off of the charging port. When the clip broke, I tried taking it into Kohls, but they wouldn't accept it back just because of the charger. We ended up resolving the issue, but it was a small hassle.

Overall, I love it. I make sure I take the extra steps to make my step count every day, and drink all of the water that I can. It really shows me that every step counts, and it makes me more aware of my daily habits in terms of exercise, sleep, and consumption. I think this is going to help me get on a better foot with my health in the new year, and I'm very grateful to have something so small make such a difference in my life.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.