Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · On Reaching Goals

We've tackled the first week of the year. All of the motivation behind making altercations to my work ethic in the new year is already starting to fade, but I am so determined to make this a successful year for my work, for my bank account, my physical health, and for my mental health. These are my four priorities for the year, and everything else that I'd like to accomplish is just an extra bonus because I think these four things are the core of bettering myself as a human. Keeping these as the focus, I want to tell you all where I am right now in regards to these four principles, and where I'd like to be by the end of the year.

Work:
I'm currently working part time at a bookstore, and now that I have my Bachelor's, I would like to find a job somewhere in my field, or move up in the company I'm with now. Currently, there is another store hiring for a department lead, and I think I'm going to go for it because I don't have anything to lose. I think I have the work ethic and ambition to do it. 
Aside from actual work, I would like to write more. I would like to finish my poetry book, alongside the novel I've been working on finished by the end of the year. The most difficult part is always starting a new project, so hopefully I can find the drive and ditch the writer's block, and begin to create again.

Bank account:
I think this one is relatively simple, just to bank as much as possible. Aside from saving money in my actual bank account, I've started the 52 Week Savings Challenge, something I have never accomplished before, but plan to accomplish this year because I know I'll be proud of myself next year when I have that little bit of extra money I decided to put away. I'd also like to eliminate all of my debt, aside from student loans, and I have myself on a track to work that out by the end of the year. So, financially, although things are a little rough right now, I'm hoping to be in better standing when going into 2018.

Physical Health:
Today, I went through some photos from high school with my mom, and there was truly nothing to me. I was very thin in high school, but I was also more active and healthy in high school because I would walk everywhere, eat better, and I played tennis. This year, I received a FitBit, so I've been making more of a conscious effort to get my physical health back on track: exercise more, drink more water, make better food decisions, etc.

Mental Health:
This might be the hardest for me to address, and accept, but I need to keep myself on a good mental track this year. Last year was very rough for me, I got out of an emotionally abusive relationship. This year, I want to better myself mentally. I want to keep a strong mental mindset on my work ethic, feminism, and get my anxiety under control because I spend so much time feeling absolutely defeated, and that's not how I want to spend my year. I'm going to take any steps necessary to get my mental health on a better track, for good. 


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *