Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · On Rising Above

I needed this this week.
I feel like there has been an increasing amount of people who believe in the 'eye for an eye' philosophy, and I've never been that way, and I've been detaching myself from people who feel that way and it has felt so nice.

This year is the year of me.
I am taking time for myself. I am writing, I am crafting, I am blogging (almost) daily. I am buying tickets to shows that I want to see. I am handling my business. I am taking care of myself. I want to become the best version of myself that I can be, and that's what is going to happen in 2017. Last year, I spent the bulk of my time in relationships, and that's not what I want this year. (Although, I am more than ready to commit myself entirely to one person.) I think a little bit of me time is much needed, and I am taking full advantage of it.

In the midst of other people, I have strayed the path that I am paving for myself, and that's really disappointing because I am my own person. This last week has been mentally horrific because I began to instill my happiness into another person, and things didn't work out. I was truly a depressed vegetable who wouldn't leave her bed, who was falling asleep by 7, and who was crying so hard she threw up. But, then I realized, I have had time to focus on myself, and now I am getting more time to do that. Now, he needs time to do that, and I support it because everybody needs that kind of time. Me time is the focus of this year, regardless how difficult things become. 

Regardless of how many people dislike me, have negative opinions about me, mean-mug me across rooms, discuss my work ethic to everybody except for me, I am doing the best that I can do, and keeping my eyes on the prize. I am only focusing on myself, and I am focusing on the positive things. I am finding the silver linings in the small things, and I am elated with the person I am becoming. This was not the person that I was last year, and although I am never going to be finished growing, I have gained more confidence in who I am as a person, which is the most important thing. 

I hope you all can take five minutes this week and focus on you, your goals, and who you are as a person, because even five minutes a day to focus on yourself can make a difference. Just five minutes to clear your head, and focus on the silver linings and the light at the end of the tunnel can help create an entirely upgraded mindset that is much needed.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *