January 10, 2017

What I'm Reading




Can I complain about my library for a split second?
They redesigned the library by my house about two years ago, and I absolutely despise it. The main focus now is on technology. In the middle there are rows of computers, alongside their collections of CDs and DVDs. But, their books are always so scarce, and their service is horrible. Every time I try to request a book, my library never has it available, and when they do it takes them days to put it on hold. For example, I was looking for Carrie Fisher's autobiography, and they didn't place it on hold, but the following day somebody checked it out. Now, every time I go to the library, I don't even worry about holds, I just go on a whim and see what small treasures I can pick up.

Rogue One:
I haven't seen the film, yet. I'm not a huge fan of going to movie theaters. I think it's expensive, and everything is sticky. I decided to pick up the book from work, and I'm reading it now. I'm not very far yet, but I'm really enjoying it. The concept has made this a highly anticipated read for me, and it will be my second book of 2017. I absolutely cannot wait. 

George Lucas: A Life:
This one I found on the shelf, and I had to check out. I thoroughly enjoy biographies, and finding out how people got to the point they are at now. George Lucas is one person that I find absolutely fascinating for a similar reason that I love J.K. Rowling and it's because of the way their minds works, and how they created these fantasy worlds and empires from nothing. 

The Magicians:
I started watching this on Netflix and made it about five episodes before deciding to read the books before I watch the show. I think more would be explained through the books, because there are points in the show that I need to look something up or have somebody explain something to me. This is moreso the fiction that I am interested in reading. I thoroughly enjoyed what I watched of the show, so I think this will be an equally interesting read.

My goal for 2017 is to read 52 books, or one book a week. You can follow my challenge here, let's be friends.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.