February 25, 2017

A Poem A Day




Hello. (:

This post is going to be relatively short, but I have recently started a new project on social media, and I wanted to tell you all about it. 
I've been using tumblr for a few years, and I realized that I keep it around because of it's privacy. Very few people that I know in real life follow me on there, and it gives me a bit more freedom to express my opinions, and my thoughts on both the good and bad nights. I think a lot of creators use tumblr to post their original photography, and writing, and I just felt my 'blog' on tumblr wasn't the place to start posting poetry. However, on tumblr, you have the option to create a side blog and manage it from one main account, and I decided to create a side blog where I write one poem a day from Valentine's Day '17-Valentine's Day '18, and maybe continuing afterwards, but I at least want it to last one year.

You can find it here.

I will still be posting poems on here, probably my favorites from that page, and some of them will be incorporated into my personal poetry book Disposed that I've been working on for a little over a year, but I think this will keep me on track to write more this year, and to help finish my poetry project.

Another thing I was a bit hesitant about was that it's online, and available to the public immediately. However, I also really like this aspect because when I am feeling like writing at the bar, or at a family function, I don't have to pull my notebook out and start getting weird side looks while writing physically at the table, I can pull my phone out and open the app and write it down in the moment, while the feelings are at their peak. 

The one that I have posted above is the potentially my favorite so far, and I wrote it while under the influence at 3 in the morning. Enjoy.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.