Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Get to Know Me: A-Z of Layne



Hello!
I've been noticing that my blog traffic has drastically increased lately and I am so excited and grateful to everybody that is making that happen. Today, I thought I would sit down and tell you a little bit about me in a way that I saw over on Jemma's blog. Enjoy. <3

American Horror Story. Preferably seasons one and two, though I did thoroughly enjoy this last season, I thought it was short, sweet, and very well done.

Beauty and the Beast. It's my favorite Disney movie and Belle is my favorite princess, and I cannot wait to see the remake.

Cassette tapes. I have so many cassettes, I prefer them to both CDs and vinyl. My favorite is Give Up by the Postal Service.

Death Cab for Cutie. I've seen them twice, and they always play my favorite song. They're my go-to when I'm having a rough day. I absolutely adore them.

E.T. A movie I was terrified of as a child, but have grown to love. Easily a favorite film of mine, in case you couldn't tell by my blanket and my board game.

Front Bottoms. Nobody will ever understand the love that filled my heart when I met Brian Sella. They're style is so versatile, for when I feel like either dancing or crying. I'll jump at any opportunity to see them.
Gilmore Girls. I am obsessed. I watch it every time it's on television. I've watched it all the way through twice. I am wholeheartedly Team Jess.

Horror films. Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or the Strangers. Break-in movies, such as You're Next, are my favorite subgenre.

Iced Coffee. Dunkin Donuts having it for $1 for a majority of the year is a blessing, but I can never pass up an Iced Carmel Macchiato with soy milk from Starbucks.

Jack White. My sweet Jack White, what else is there to say? He's talented, he's passionate, there is so much to this man and I have so much admiration for him.

Kiki's Delivery Service. My first Studio Ghibli film, and the film that opened the gateway to the genre that ultimately aids me when going through hard times.

Leatherface. My favorite horror villain of all time because he doesn't talk, but he runs, and that's potentially more terrifying than Michael Myers who just appears places.

Mima. The nickname for my grandma who passed away in September 2015. Not a day goes by where I don't think of her and miss her terribly.

Netflix. Especially their documentaries. Especially their prison documentaries. People are wild, I've learned so much on Netflix, including all of the lyrics to the goofy Bob's Burgers songs.

Organization. I love when everything is put in it's place, from tags on my blog to notebooks in my bedroom to the way the photos are organized on my wall. It's therapeutic.

Pan's Labyrinth. My favorite film of all time. Breathtaking make-up and costumes, beautiful plot, well developed characters, I can't rave enough about it.

Queen. A band that never fails to make me dance, and who can resist Freddie Mercury? There's a Queen song for every occasion, and I'm very intrigued to see their tour this summer.

Ron Weasley. Potentially my favorite Harry Potter character. HP is a huge part of my life, and I don't know who I would be if I'd never been exposed to the novels.

Safety Dance. Currently, this song plays a big role in my friendship with Amanda. We jam in the car, we've jammed in Applebees. Definitely a song to play at my wedding.

Title Fight. Easily one of my favorite bands that I have seen live, and a personal go to because they have an album for every mood I am feeling.

Ukulele. I received a uke for Easter on a whim one year, and I play it more often as time goes on. I've learned so many different songs, but I can't sing to save my life.

Vegetarianism. It will be ten years in April 2017! What a lifestyle choice, but it has been nothing but beneficial to my health and to my mindset.

Walking. I could truly walk anywhere, and I would be happy. I love walking through my neighborhood, through forest preserves, through parks, and exploring new things by foot.

Xx. A band I have recently discovered that is slowly becoming a staple in my Spotify. We received their new CD at work, and I have been getting progressively more into their genre.

Yarn. I could spend hours upon hours crocheting, and creating hats, scarves, and blankets.

Zzz. I take advantage and sleep as much as I can, mainly because dreaming is one of my favorite things to do, and my dreams are wild, and I remember them vividly. 

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *