Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · Rose-colored Glasses

Hello, friends, it has been a while.
I wanted to take a break for a while because there was nothing particularly interesting happening in my life, and because I have decided to spend some time with myself, and get to know myself and what I want a little bit better. Ultimately, I decided to come back on here for the week, and get my creative juice flowing again. (I've always hated that phrase, but here we are.)

I've found myself surrounded with an increased amount of negativity. It seems that a lot of people I am friends with, or even family members, come to me to complain. This is something I don't normally have a problem with because I will gladly listen to everybody, and offer the best advice that I can. My problem comes where people don't recognize the slivers of good in every day things, the silver lining. 

That's what I think my purpose is in this world, but on a micro level in my friend group. I think people come to me with their problems because I try to make the best of a bad situation, and motivate myself and others to find the small things that make them happy, or the small things that make things good in the tedious, everyday life. 

I think, overall, I'm not where I want to be forever in life, but I'm content where I am right now. After meeting a boy at the bar, I realized I'm not the only person with this vision that happiness will always be more important than bringing in a big paycheck, or falling into a routine. Happiness, to me, will always be the most important thing because I was deprived of the beauty and happiness that surrounded me for so long, and I'm finally starting to see it.

Sometimes I don't want to go to work, but I've met some of my favorite people working in retail, and that's what makes it worth it. Plus, I get to talk to people about books all day, which is basically the dream. 

Sometimes I don't want to stay at home, but I get so much done on the days that I don't have to work and get to hang out in bed, whether it be writing or crafting, or experiencing a new film or tv show.

Sometimes I don't want to go out, but I have the greatest times surrounded by my friends, usually finding new bars to visit, talking to new people, and most of the time laughing in cars because of small things that escalate into inside jokes.

Sometimes I have boy problems, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. Everybody that we meet comes into our lives for one reason or another, and even if that reason isn't to be your soulmate, they'll all teach you something. Take their lesson with a grain of salt, and move on.

I'm feeling content right now. I'm at a point in my life where things could be better, but I look around and I look to my past, and things could definitely be worse than they are right now. I guess we'll see what this week has in store, but to anybody reading this, please try to make the best of a bad situation, and do one thing that makes you happy this week.

It's a good day to have a good day.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *