April 26, 2017

Let's Grab Some Ko-Fi ☕

Hello, friends.

The last few weeks, you may have noticed a new icon on the righthand sidebar that says 'Buy Me a Coffee.'


I want to talk about what it is, and why it's there.

I write.
I went to school for five years and finally graduated with my Bachelor's in English with a concentration in creative writing, and that's what I want to do. I want to write books, poetry, magazine articles, and blog posts. I think I have a unique perspective on things, incredible empathy, and a creative eye for things some people may overlook, and I want to share that with you. 
Any money that is raised through this page will go towards funding the publication of my first book.

This book has a sentimental place in my heart. I think it's one of the most powerful things I have ever written, and the only step that's left is to edit it, and then I'd like to be able to get it sent to publishers, or publish it independently. Whenever I'm not at work, I've been working on this novel. I'll stay up late to work on it, and bring my laptop to work to edit during my lunches and breaks. I've poured my soul into this project for quite some time, and every little bit helps me get one step closer to being able to hold this project, tangibly in my hands, and share it with the world.

If you have the means, feel free to stop by my page, and let me know. I would love to do a weekly feature promoting the social media of those who donate.

I hope you're all having a great week.

Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.