May 3, 2017

May Goals




What I learned from April is to not set so many goals that are so outrageous for myself to accomplish, because you will not accomplish them all, and you will probably feel discouraged.

This month, I am going to stick to four big goals, and they are things that I think I really need to do. Some of these are things that I need to stick through past May, but I want to set the pace this month to take the next step in personal growth. These are four fairly large steps for me, and I can't wait to see what the month has in store.

1. Become Employed Full-Time
This one is pretty self explanatory, but my mom and I have some weekend trips in mind, and my student loans are creeping up on me. My goal for this month is to work work work, and get a job where I can work a little bit more. Here's to raising more money, and saying farewell to retail for good!

2. Only Spend Money on Necessities
Since my tax return, I have been spending money like I have it (which I don't...see number uno.) I only want to spend money this month on loading my Ventra, and buying shampoo, conditioner, and other basic necessities when I need them. To do this, I'm going to start leaving my debit card at home when I go to work so I stop spending money on food. Good plan? Good plan.

3. Finish 'Untitled'
I've had this damn project typed up since I went to jury duty, and I keep putting off editing it because I get distracted the second I open my laptop, which is the same reason I didn't do well with online classes, but that's a different story! I'm going to go in this month and have it finished, ready to send out to publishers, fingers crossed.

4. Get My Room Together
By the end of May, I want to be entirely satisfied with my room. There is a list of things I need to do, and by the end of the month I want to take pride in the space I live in because I think that will enhance my mental health, and my motivation to do work. I would also like to set up my sewing machine because I have some ideas for projects I'd like to work on this summer.


1 comment

  1. Hey Layne! It's true, setting up many goals can be overwhelming. Which is why I decided to try sticking with at least 3-4 as well.

    Going out on trips is always a good motivation to keep working hard. As with money spending, I always make sure to only bring enough for what I need to buy. Good luck with all your goals for May :)

    http://helloannajo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.