Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · On Quitting

Happy Monday. (:

This past week, I have been feeling stuck. I feel like everybody around me is moving, traveling, working in their field, and going places. I feel so stagnant, and with that I wanted to put a bit of a mood booster onto Motivation Monday this week.

I try to tailor these to how I'm feeling, and make them more personal because it makes them easier to talk about, and puts me in good spirits. 

My problem in this moment is that I don't really know what I want to do, or where I want to go. But, I feel like I am on a timer because my student loan repayments are coming in fast, and as of right now I don't have a set career to begin paying them back. But, I don't have a set career because I don't really know what I want to do, and when I figure out what I want to do, I don't have the necessary experience needed to get a job. It's a vicious cycle.

This has caused me to go into sporadic spurts of heavily applying for jobs, being interviews, and being discouraged when I don't hear back, or if they don't even contact me for an interview. When I get discouraged, I go into a lull where I want to stop trying, and continue to float by.

And I have realized that it's okay to go into these rough patches, as long as I don't make a home there. It's okay to take a break when I get discouraged, and it's okay to spend time content with where I am right now as long as I don't get stuck where I am now forever. It's okay to take some time to take a step back and figure things out. It may not be what other people recommend, or other people suggest, but if it's going to benefit me in the long run, then that's the best option for me.

Should I have everything together at the age of 23?
If I should, I'm doing a bad job, but I'm getting there. What I should stop doing is comparing my progress to other people's because we all grow at our own rate, and under our own conditions, and I may not be growing as fast as others, but I am growing. 

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *