May 22, 2017

Coffee Chats · Girl Love


Self-love, self-love, self-love. If I could shout it from the rooftops, I would. I also want to cover the basis of girl love, and supporting other women. Since that's the first piece of this quote, let's start there.

I thought my relationship with females was tricky, but this was only the females that were an unwelcomed (by me) third party in a romantic relationship I was in. Quickly, I came to the realization that if my partner is encouraging their toxic presence when it's knowingly making me uncomfortable, it is not the fault of the female, but of my partner. Keeping this in the back of my head has allowed me to make peace with my perspective on females. I do believe that some of the aforementioned unwelcome third parties were aware of my relationship and chose to disregard it, and these are the women that I can't bring myself to encourage. 

Women are empowering.
Women are intelligent.
Women are strong.
And there will never be a day where I look down upon a woman, nor wish negative things upon them regardless of their choices or the role they play in my life because women are beautiful, and we need to stick together, and not let men get in the way of that.

Onto physical body positivity.
Recently, I have put on quite a bit of weight, but I have been feeling far more confident lately than I have been in the past few years, and I adore this feeling. I think it comes from acknowledging and embracing how I look, and the work that I put into things that's been making me feel incredible about myself and who I am as a person, both physically and mentally. My head space has been clear, optimistic, and radiating good vibes lately, and I could not ask for better conditions to live my life under right now.

(I also recently applied for my dream job, fingers crossed.)


Post a Comment

© Layne Joy. Design by FCD.