Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Little Things








This is a post of things that elate me, and keep my head above water on the days where I feel even the least bit sad. I've dealt with depression and anxiety since I was about 15, and I've been breaking through both of those headspace because I've stop investing my happiness in other people, and being codependent on other people, and my last long-term relationship taught me a lot about who I am as a person, and exactly my happiness can't rely on other people because they may not be equipped to take care of it. Since the end of that relationship last October, I've been sending time focusing on myself, and the things that I love doing, and furthermore by finding myself and the things that I love to do, I can hopefully find a partner that I am more compatible with, and a social circle that treats me the way that I deserve to be treated.

Here's the list of things that I, Layne Joy, as an individual, find joy in:

  • Taking a shower and sleeping on fresh sheets
  • Watching a new horror film that scares the life out of me
  • A new pair of black boots
  • Finding out one of your favorite bands that has been on some hiatus since 2008 released a new album. I'm looking at you Black Kids.
  • Terraniums
  • Crafting
  • Learning a new crochet stitch
  • Forest preserves
  • Being told I radiate good vibes
  • Iced coffee, there is never a bad time for iced coffee
  • Disney/Harry Potter weekends on FreeForm
  • Teen Fiction that I can't put down
  • Book to movie adaptations that are basically scene for scene
  • Board games
  • Spending time with my cousins
  • The beach
  • Sunrises and sunsets
  • Holding hands
  • Marianos and Whole Foods, or nontraditional grocery stores that have corners dedicated to cheese
  • Super cute wine bottles
  • Listening to A.M. from start to finish
  • La La Land
  • The yarn aisle at Jo-Ann Fabrics
  • Taking and editing photographs
  • Writing a new poem
  • Gilmore Girls, more specifically Jess Mariano
  • Lord of the Rings marathons
  • Alabama Shakes
  • Sleeping after spending a long day outside 
  • Bluno's Tattoonos, Spoonos, and Flowers
  • Pinball
  • Studio Ghibli films, especially Howl's Moving Castle
  • Trees: all kinds of trees at any time of the year
  • The Neverending Story, just hearing the theme song
  • Tulips
  • Tiptoe Through the Tulips
  • The laugh Pitbull does in the middle of songs
  • The stage in being tipsy where you're feeling warm and your vision starts to double
  • The soundtrack from It Follows
  • First dates
  • When Nev walks into people's houses unannounced on Catfish
And last, but not least:





Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *