Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · Do You For You



This post sparked over an underwear purchase.
I received a boatload of coupons for Victoria's Secret and I needed some new bras, and then decided to tack on some underwear. This entire purchase was fueled by freebies, and there will be a haul coming when everything comes in.
In the past when I have bought underwear, I was being intimate with somebody and I made style decisions based on what I thought they would like the most. If you've read one of my previous posts, I mention that I am beginning to so the things that make me happy without shame because that's who I am. When making my purchase last night, I went through the styles and colors and bought what was best for me, and not for somebody else, and it's these baby steps that are making me a better person.

Self care is not selfish.
Self love is not selfish.

We all need to begin doing things for ourselves, especially the smaller things because those smaller things flourish into larger acts of self care. We need to begin doing small things shamelessly, and doing them for ourselves. We need to embrace that we all do things differently and we all do things for different reasons, and that's okay as long as you're happy with yourself and your choices at the end of the day.

The things that I love and the reasons that I love them make me who I am. The things that I do define my character, and this goes for all of us. I am beginning to embrace the things that I like instead of shying away if I am afraid it will be frowned upon. Our differences are what make us who we are. Our differences introduce people to the things we like that they have never tried. There is much beauty in accepting our differences, and I am getting there.

I am buying underwear and bras because I will love my body in them, not because I want somebody else to love my body in them. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *