Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Day Date: Mall & Rainforest Cafe





I didn't want to call this post babysitting because Abby is going to be 14 this year, however with her parents and sister gone overnight I was called in to spend time with her, the dog, and watch their house over night starting Saturday at 2pm and leaving Sunday around 1pm.

At first we had come up with a few ideas, including Six Flags and a trip downtown. But, last minute Abby found something she wanted at the mall so we decided to head up to Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Il mainly because they have a Rainforest Café inside. ;)



The clear glass elevator made me feel like I was in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.


This was my first time at a Rainforest Cafe and I was nothing short of impressed. I'd love to go to the separate location in the city sometimes. But, the decor was brilliant and the wait staff was super friendly! Also, their food was delicious. 






After a trip to a huge mall leaving with a total of two tops, we made the trip home & decided to stop at Swallow Cliff, which we had passed on our way to the mall where we laughed at all the stairs. Then, we decided to climb them!



This was 125 stairs, can you believe that? My exercise is the heated extent of yoga, not climbing 125 stairs. But, wow it was so worth it.





That's a long way down. I had to move relatively slow because I thought my feet were going to trip over themselves and I'd stumble down. I'm a bit of a klutz. 

After Swallow Cliff, what better way to gain those lost calories than with tubes of cookie dough, comfy clothes, and a film?


That's all I have for you today. Bit of a journal entry as opposed to anything else, however I had a wonderful day-date. <3

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, also. xoxo

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *