Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Starved Rock · Ottawa




This past Saturday, we were looking for something new to do when we decided on Starved Rock State Park. We arrived relatively later and didn't get to explore much. But, I enjoyed every second of the hiking, canyons, waterfalls, and being surrounded by nature. 


This was when we first entered from our parking space and there's a split between the trail and Kaskaskia Canyon. We found the canyon, first.





This was near the small water pool that I didn't get to touch because a family was there:

I love the way the sun sets on trees:


This was the canyon underneath the waterfall:

This was taken underneath the waterfall and I accidentally moved my camera, but I love how it came out:


These are more photos taken from Hennepin Canyon Overlook, which was the end of our journey:
((This is another one of my favorites.))





After a couple of hours, we headed back to the car and decided to stop in the small town right outside of Starved Rock called Ottawa where there is a very small population. Gratefully, they have a Jimmy John's, so we got sandwiches and walked around, enjoyed some music in the park, and lastly got ice cream before we came home.
These were the only photos I got, but honestly, I think this summarizes the whole town.


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *