Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Death Cab for Cutie · Best Coast









As an early birthday present, I received tickets to see Death Cab for Cutie, one of my favorite bands, at the Chicago Theater.
We started our night eating and walking through the Christkindlmarket. It's a market held annually in Daley Plaza and there are international shops housing ornaments, knitted goods, and food! Most places have coffee, hot cocoa, and potato pancakes so it consistently smelled wonderful. 
After the market, we took a walk over the Macy's on State Street, a destination my family used to visit each year around the Christmas season for brunch. This is where we saw their Christmas tree and got coffee and tea before our walk to the Chicago Theater.

Before we left, I was informed that they confiscate cameras at the door, so the two photos of the concert were taken with my iPhone, as I left my camera at home. But, I could not resist trying to get photos.

Death Cab is a band I have loved since 2011. They've been to Chicago quite a few times since then and each time, I've missed them. Until I was surprised with these tickets. Our seats were perfect because I could see everything. The set list was perfect: they began with St. Peter's Cathedral and played Crooked Teeth, which is my favorite song by them. It was a truly wonderful night and I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning go the holidays in Chicago.



Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *