Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Five Things · Most Listened To Albums of 2016



AM · Arctic Monkeys
This has been my most listened to album this year, and has helped Alex Turner become my most appreciated, and potentially favorite artist of 2016. I absolutely adore everything that he's written, between his solo project, Arctic Monkeys, and the Last Shadow Puppets, but this album is one that I have to listen to from start to finish whenever I put it on.

Floral Green · Title Fight
I recently purchased this one, which is rare when it comes to CDs, but I've been listening to this non-stop in the car. This is my favorite album from them, primarily because of Ned Russin, partially because I am going to see them live again in January. But, this album seems to be the one album that really breaks out of my music shell, and I love it.

Beware & Be Grateful · Maps & Atlases
I discovered Maps & Atlases at the beginning of the year, and they were the tip of the change of my preference in music. They're very catchy, lovely, and upbeat, and every song on this album tells it's own story in such a melodic, and beautiful way. It's especially nice on long car rides to bop to, while still focusing on the task at hand, if that makes any sense.

Codes and Keys · Death Cab for Cutie
POTENTIALLY my favorite album by Death Cab for Cutie, and that's a high place to be at, especially by my favorite band. This album feels like Winter to me, if that makes sense, so maybe that's why I'm reeling about it now. But, this is my favorite style that Death Cab has created music in. It feels nostalgic, in such a wholesome way, but also a little rustic. (I don't know my adjectives, please hang in there!) It's a beautiful album, spare yourself from listening to the remixes, please.

Hozier
This man is making new music next year, and I can't wait. I heard his two hits on the radio, and that was how I started getting into Hozier, but one day a less popular song popped up on Spotify, which then led to me listening to the entire album. Now, I know every lyric. This is my album for the end of the days that I need to unwind, or lazy, cozy days. But, there's never a wrong time for Hozier. He's such a beautiful singer and song writer and I cannot wait to hear what he has for next year.


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *