Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · Craft Night





Hello, and Happy Friday.
Normally, my GetFitFriday post would be going up today, but I thought I would break from routine, and sit down to chat in an effort to connect with anybody that's decided to visit my corner of the internet, to keep a small entry of what's happening in my life in this moment, and to sort things out mentally for myself.

Tunes for the night are provided by new John Mayer on Spotify. I think this is what 2017 needs.

I'll give you a brief check-in on my fitness. I've been slacking on working out this week, but I think my food choices have been significantly better than previous weeks. I've been consuming a lot more protein than usual, and more veggies. I've also managed to cut pop out of my diet, and I'm significantly cutting back on sweets. I did eat pizza and Flamin' Hot Cheeto Puffs last night, but it was the smaller bag. My water consumption has been slacking a bit this week. I tend to not drink as much water on the days that I don't work, and my hours at work have gotten cut. So, my one bigger goal for next week is to keep myself in check, even on my days off. 

This worked out into being my segue talking about work. I have been looking for a new job. Last night, Amanda and I went to her apartment solely to look at our resumes and submit job applications. I don't really know what I want to do for a career, but I've taken an interesting into advertising. As an English major, I'd ultimately love to teach and write novels, tonight I plan on working on my novel and really hashing out the plot. As for now, I've been applying for a lot of social media positions. I think it would be fun to work on social media for big-wig companies in Chicago. I've also been looking for careers working in social media for food companies, such as the McDonalds Corporation, and a few candy companies. My dreams have gone as far as applying for a job at Hershey, and moving myself to Pennsylvania just for a change of pace, while getting my teaching certificate through online classes. So long, sweet home Chicago, hopefully sometime in the next year.

Things have been a little rough at home, which is another reason I've been feeling the need to move out. There is one person in my life that is entirely intolerable, and tensions got heated the other day. Normally, I've been good at keeping my eyes down, and not letting petty attitudes get to me, but the other day I couldn't hold it in any longer. I think I'm going to tailor my Motivation Monday towards that, or discuss healthy ways to deal with anger and frustrations. I think that sounds like a good plan, good job stream of consciousness.

My social life has been doing surprisingly well. I did a small weeding out of toxic people at the beginning of the year, but there has also been a small group of people I went to high school with that I didn't necessarily get along with, that have been wanted to hang out. So, I've hung out with spontaneous people every so often, and truly none of them have changed, and I don't think I'll hang out with them again. But, everyone deserves a second chance, no? I've also been going out with one of my close guy friends and his friends a lot more, and it's been really nice to just hang out, drink, and laugh with no unnecessary drama. It gives me a night or two each week to just let loose, which has been incredible. I've also been spending an increasing amount of time with Amanda, and it's been so nice to sit down and talk through the problems we are both having with somebody who understand exactly where I'm coming from. I don't know what I would do without her. 

The post is called Crafting Chatter because crafting truly helps me unwind, and as you can see above, I've made this blanket. It's been sitting in the package for a few weeks, but I've got E.T. playing in the background will cutting the tying the edges. I'm considering doing a tutorial on exactly how to make these blankets, so if that's something that would interest you, please let me know in the comments down below. I haven't done a crafting tutorial in a while, but I have a few ideas coming up for Valentine's Day, since this will be my first one alone since 2014! 
(That being said, I was thinking of throwing Gal-entine's Day where I get some of my girl friends together, and we order heart shaped pizzas, and watch some romantic comedies, and just enjoy each other's company. I don't have a lot of girl friends, though, so then I was thinking Pal-entine's Day. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, I just think it's so nice and feel good, and I want to be able to celebrate it regardless of people's relationship statuses. 

I think that's all that I have to say. That's really all that has been going on. January was off to a great start of a new year. I've become healthier, more positive, more confident, and overall I am feeling a lot better than I did at any point in the last year. The last day of this month I am going to see one of my favorite bands live, which is going to be beautiful. I'm thinking about doing more of these and breaking routine a little more during the week, especially next week because there's going to be a lot going on that I want to show you.

I've also decided to set three goals for February, aside from my weekly goals that I plan every week:
- Pay all of my bills on time and be financially wiser.
- Be kind, for everyone you know if fighting their own battle.
- Splurge on some film and spend some more time with my camera this month.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *