Miscellayneous

Midwest Lifestyle + Travel Blog

Hey there

I'm Layne · 30 · Chicago
Out here traveling, listening to Post Malone, and trying to slow things down a little bit.

What To Read Next

Coffee Chats · Work Hard, Play Hard

Hello, and Happy Monday. (:

This weeks Motivation Monday is geared toward the lull that I have been in to perform quality work, and where I get my inspiration from when I'm in this lull.

Sometimes, I just don't feel like working, and I think this stems from not knowing my direction in life right now, and therefore not knowing what I'm working toward, and where to put my energy. As a result, I haven't really been working towards anything, which is a huge problem because that's causing me to feel stagnant. 

I do know that I want to teach, and I want to travel. I've recently submitted my application for graduate school, and have been informed that they are currently reviewing it, which is entirely too nerve-racking for my little brain to handle right now. In that realm, I don't have much of a back-up plan (which is not good, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.)

As far as traveling, I firmly believe in work hard, play hard. I put in a lot of hours at work to pick up extra shifts, so I can save the money and do fun things, such as day trips and concerts. The more that I work, the more I can do recreationally without having to fret about money consistently, which is ideal. My issue is, although I work frequently, I don't necessarily put 110% into the work that I do.

That's my objective for this week: Work harder. Don't half-ass things just to say I have done them, put the time into things that are going to benefit me in the long run. Don't slack, don't procrastinate. Just do things, and put my heart into them, and work hard in everything that I do, because the harder that I work, the more accomplished I will feel, and to me that's one of the best feelings.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *